Wednesday, June 11, 2014

While Waiting For My Money Tree


Do what you can, with what you have, where you are
Theodore Roosevelt

For so many years I have dreamed of a floor to ceiling, wall to wall bookshelf.  The bookshelf of my dreams has weight - it's substantial, the color of whipping cream, and filled with books upon books.  It has family pictures scattered throughout and holds family memories in the form of a ticket stub to a turquoise bowl filled with special rocks.  Three dull copper sconces illuminate my dream bookshelf and a barn wood ladder that rolls effortlessly on large industrial wheels from wall to wall. 

Sounds dreamy, I know. 

I have stored so many books waiting to be placed on the bookshelf of my dreams. As I have waited for the money tree that would fund my bookshelf, my hefty collection of books have spent the last ten years in blue Rubbermaid tubs. A tragic turn of events for such a great collection.

I decided it was time to stop waiting for my perfect, and do what I can with what I have.  I now have a home for a few in my beloved books, and I think I am in love. So in love, I almost don't notice the television circa 1997. 

It may not be floor to ceiling or wall to wall, but in it's own small way, I think it is quite dreamy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...