Sunday, October 9, 2011

Medicine Cabinet Overhaul

It all started with a pot roast.  I was searching for oregano and kept finding myself stumbling upon random medicines in our spice cabinet.  Frustrated with our organizational mess, I opened our medicine cabinet to return the culprits to their rightful home, only to find myself taken aback by the mess before my eyes.  I open this cupboard daily, but today it's messyness moved me to action, it was time to do something about the chaos. 

I pulled out the Cricut {thanks Aunt Kris!}, some extra rubbermaid bins from the basement, and the black vinyl I bought from Hobby Lobby {totalling 4.80 with a 40% off coupon} and got to work.

Medicine Cabinet {Before}


I used the Cricut to type in the lables I wanted for each bin,


lined up the vinyl,


and watched as beautiful letters were magically cut out.


After cleaning up my very-used bins, I applied the letters directly to the surface.



When everything was said and done,
 we had a bin for each person in our Party of Four,




an ever important asthma bin,


a jar for drops,  a bin to catch everthing remaining that was without a home,



and a medicine cabinet that was organized and a joy to look at.


Medicine Cabinet {After}


Three cheers for tackling our house,one project at a time.

 I linked to...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your cabinet is AWESOME! Love how your labels turned out, the whole project is just so stinkin' adorable! Thank you so much for sharing! Virtual high fives to you!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My medicine cabinet definitely needs an overhaul!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...