Friday, November 7, 2008

do you believe in angels?


faith: being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

at least this is how Hebrews 11:1 describes it. however, as an overthinker myself, i always have to be reminded of those things which i cannot see. my faith that angels are watching over us was renewed shorly after my grandma passed away last february.

i was at work going about business as usual, when an old family friend told me she had heard a story about my grandma. immediately, i was confused because my grandma lillibridge was still in flordia. i thought it would have been strange for her to hear a story from such a great distance. little did i know it was about my grandma who had recently passed away.

as i stood, curiously, listening to the story, my heart began to race. shocked, i listened to my family friend tell me of a woman who was dying of cancer. a woman who lived next to my grandma for decades. a woman who was heard by her daughter, talking to someone, in a room where she was alone. a woman who told her daughter that she was talking to betty, and that betty told her that it was ok and to come with her. a woman who did not know my grandma had passed away.

i walked quickly, down to my classroom, silent. i picked up the phone to share this amazing story with my dad. unable, to retell the story through my tears, i felt this huge comfort, that my grandma is in heaven with our Lord God whom she had such great faith in. comfort, i should have had all along, but was blessed to be reminded of.

1 comment:

  1. I too am an overthinker! I do believe there are angels out there and I am being watched over every day. Faith is such an important thing for me. Without it, I don't know what I would do.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...