Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nesting


Today, I cleaned my silverware drawer.

As in, take all of the silverware out, clean my silverware drawer.

After the silverware drawer, I made my way to the toaster, emptied the crumb catcher and tried to wipe off several years of toaster neglect.

For the first time in my career as a independent adult, I did a week's worth of laundry, folded it all while it was still warm, and put away immediately.

And, somewhere between dinner and bedtime, I ravaged the boy's toy box, with very little mercy, and left with a whole lot of plastic to recycle.

It is safe to say that I am officially nesting.

In the third trimester of a pregnancy that appears to be longer than the gestation of an elephant,  I am grasping for any bit of order I can muster.

With each cabinet cleaned, and each item crossed off the to-do list, I am simply marking the days until this nesting phase is finally over, and I can joyfully embrace the ups and downs of postpartum.

1 comment:

  1. this is fantastic. milk it for all it's worth...and then come over and work on my house...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...