Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days of Writing:

Day 1: I used to think... now I think...
I used to think that 33 was too old to have a baby,
now I think God knew exactly what He was doing with this 33 year old Mama.

I used to think I would teach for 30 years,
now I think there may be something else waiting for me to discover.

I used to think I was shy,
now I think I am lovely, pleasant company and quite well adjusted.

I used to think I had to have it all together,
now I think authentic living is where it's at and celebrate this messy life.

I used to think I didn't have much to share,
now I think I have bits of wisdom and wit waiting in the wings.

I used to think safe was the way to go,
now I think safe gets you right where you have always been.

I used think it was my job to please people,
now I think saying no is freeing and leaves space for me to be me.

I used to think perfect was where it was at,
now I think perfect is a wasted story.

I used to think I wasn't strong,
now I think my quite strength has stood the test of time.

I used to think that there was no way God could love me,
now I think He lavishes and delights in me, chuckling each time I let go.

I used to think I wanted to be on the inside,
now I think the inside is too crowded for my taste, and the outside is where I belong.


7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...