As we tried to move our hips in ways they had never moved before, we laughed hysterically and held tightly to the sole consolation of being able to cross it off of my Year 32 list.
During a much needed water break from our embarrassment, Katie called me out on still not posting my Year 33 list. It had been long typed but not formerly introduced.
In this season of waiting, I may have lost a bit of my lust for living intentionally and fully. A bit of grey has clouded my days and left me struggling to perform even the simplest of tasks. My list fell to the wayside, leaving it void of any celebration or intention.
As we left Zumba, still laughing, I realized how important it is to take a risk and celebrate even the smallest things in life, even if it means just posting a list.
Here's to another year of intentional living, saying yes, and living with my eyes to serve and my hands to learn.
1. Spend the night at Baldwin Oaks Campground.
2. Make Keifer soda
3. ROAK day
4. Compete in a bike race
5. Finish Finley's room
7. Hike in our very own U.P.
8. Pay a stranger's bill at a restaurant
9. Live as a dangerous woman
10. Re upholster something
11. Ride on a beer cycle
12. Give unexpected presents
14. Make a blanket for Finley
16. Submit a piece of writing
17. Make an upside down snowman
18. Buy flowers for myself
19. See a sunrise
20. Go ice skating
21. Take fashion risks
22. Wear more dresses
23. Do Yoga at Sunrise
24. Go to a drive-in movie
25. Frame and display family pictures
26. Make a photo scrapbook for each year
27. Make curtains... oy. did I just say that aloud?
28. Roast marshmallows in our back yard
29. Have a family picnic in the park
30. Collect pretty bowls
32. Celebrate everyday moments
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."