Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Why?


Yesterday, as I was in the middle of a paper chase for the next leg of bringing Finley home, I was taken aback by this sign.  I was in the lobby of Bethany Christian Services, waiting to drop off newly notarized documents, when it caught my attention.

Why? 

They answer they had listed was one of our why(s), so I instagramed it and moved on with my paper chasing, rolling the question around and around in my head searching for more why(s).

Fast forward twenty-four hours, to a Christian Reformed church where Steve and I sat side by side in a pew listening the wife of his thirty-eight year old cousin speak at her husband's funeral. In her quiet strength, she encouraged everyone to ask, Why?  

Why do you do the things you do?  

Through my tears, I was floored by God asking this question for the second day in a row.  

So, on this sunny, November afternoon, I am deep in thought as to why?  Challenging my choices and seeking God in my answers.

What are your why(s)?

1 comment:

  1. I keep finding myself drawn to blogs dealing with adoption. I don't know if it is because of the familiarity (we adopted my brother through Bethany Christian services as well) or if I am being prepped for the future.

    Do you attend a CRC church? I attend a CRC church here in the Seattle area and don't find many bloggers of this denomination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...