Friday, October 19, 2012

Orphan Sunday

As you know by now, my life has not gone according to my plan. 

Instead, God called me down a path I never intended to travel.  

Five years ago, He opened my heart to the cry of the orphan, and I have been one hot mess of tears ever since. {you know the brutiful kind of tears that make it impossible to ignore God}

This week I was humbled by an email in my inbox from Lifesong for Orphans asking me if I would like to be a part of the Lifesong Blogger Network and use my blog to advocate for orphan care around the world.

And with that, I knew my story, had come full circle. {not even close to being over, but full circle} The videos and blogs that God used to speak to my heart, I now have the honor to share.    

I am in awe of His plan and pray that wherever we may find God is calling us, we make God's heart visible and walk in the way of love.
..............................................

The following message is from Lifesong, and I encourage you to spend two minutes to watch this touching video.  I promise it will be worth your time.
On November 4th, as well as the surrounding Sundays, thousands of events will echo across America and around the globe, all sharing a single goal: that God's steadfast love for the orphan will also stir in our hearts.  From many sources, one voice.

Orphan Sunday is an opportunity to excite family, community, church and friends to God's call to care for the orphan.

As Orphan Sunday approaches, we pray you will dedicate time on one Sunday in honor of the fatherless.

Here are a few helpful and practical recourses for how to spend an Orphan Sunday from Christian Alliance for Orphans' Orphan Sunday.org website:

  • The Orphan's Table -­‐ Experiences impact us more deeply than words. On Orphan Sunday, share a meal eaten by orphans around the world.  Gather with family, small group or church for the meal, discussion and prayer.
  • More Resources -­‐ Check out OrphanSunday.org for other church resources such as sermon starters, worship songs, bible studies, bulletin inserts, prayer guides, and much more!
We are hopeful you and your church family will honor orphans by participating in Orphan Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...