Friday, October 5, 2012

A Little Bit of Grey

They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

So, when one of my apples started to worry about following the rules like it was his job, I cringed knowing that apple fell directly from my branch.

As a child, I would fret about the right thing to do.  I never stirred the pot and never did anything that was against the rules.

Through the eyes of my 5 year old self everything was black and white.

In recent years I have discovered that it is quite possible that my true self may not be quite the rule follower I always thought I was.

I have discovered the grey, and have found it to be quite a lovely shade.

Today, I decided that it was time to take a break from the black and white and live in the grey.

At 11:00, I confidently {that's a lie... I was bit nervous of getting yelled at} signed the kids out from school to take them on an afternoon adventure to ArtPrize.

As we took in the city and the art surrounding us I...


savored the fleeting moments of Elliott still
wanting to hold my hand,


smiled each time Gibson wanted to take notes about 
each and every piece,


even if it meant he was lagging behind,


paused long, to capture these two boys
 and remember this day always,


stopped and asked two different families about their adopted
babies because the boys wanted to tell them about their baby sister,


and soaked in each moment because grey can be beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful writing!!! Glad you are here for the 31 days.

    http://positivelyalene.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...