Thursday, June 21, 2012

currently... 6.21.12



Currently
{I am}
...........................................
Making.
Key fobs. It has been an idea I've had for awhile, but just recently put into action, and I think I am in love.  I have a couple of more ideas cooking in my head and cannot wait to start making those too.

Listening.
to the sound of laughter. As of late, Gibson and Elliott have been the best of buddies and spending most of their day laughing at anything and everything.  And, for now I am enjoying this time before the tide shifts and they become worst enemies once again.

we are also listening to the great jazz legend, Louis Armstrong. We just finished, A Good Night for Ghosts, based on his life in New Orleans, and the boys just can't seem to get enough.  If you haven't picked up a Magic Tree House book I highly recommend them.  We are almost done with the series and I am sad to see it come to an end.

Craving.
a slow life, lemonade and laughter, coffee and conversations, rest and relaxation. As life seems to be hurrying by, I long to change our mindless busyness into meaningful busyness and enjoy every second of it along the way.

Writing.
lots and lots .... in my head.  I have so many ideas swirling around in my head but cannot seem to find the time or space {see above craving} put them into written words.  So, for now, I will keep writing and revising my thoughts throughout the day in hopes that they will one day have an audience.

Laughing.
at most everything.  The texts that my #soulsister sends me throughout the day literally have me laughing aloud. Our workouts in the park always seem to tickle my funny bone.  The thought of getting into an ice cold pool at 6:15 in the morning for the 80th time leaves me laughing every Wednesday morning.  The comments our boys make at the dinner table have me fighting back inappropriate chuckles.  And, life in general keeps me rolling.

I recently read in Jesus Calling

Laughter lightens your load and lifts your heart into heavenly places.  Your laughter rises to heaven and blends with angelic melodies of praise.  Just as parents delight in the laughter of their children, so I delight in hearing My children laugh. I rejoice when you trust me enough to enjoy your life lightheartedly.

..........................................
What are you currently?



{Linking up to...}
This Amazing Day

4 comments:

  1. Theresa, in these wee hours of the morning, you are also "currently" blessing me by sharing the joy of your thoughts. That and a cup of coffee makes a very good start to my day. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on craving a slower life. It's nice to quite the busyness every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow:) I am looking forward to reading your blog.

      Delete
  3. I could barely get past your header to read your post. That picture is amazing!!

    All of your cravings sound absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...